The amount of cream to condensed milk can be calibrated depending on desired sweetness and firmness. I found the original recipe’s ratio to be a bit too sweet, and set too softly for my tastes, hence the very different proportions.
- 3.5 US cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 heaping Tbsps Earl Grey tea
- 4 Tbsp chocolate shavings
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine the tea leaves with the cream and barely simmer for 5 minutes. let cool and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Strain cream into a well-chilled bowl sitting in an ice bath.
- Whip the cream until peaks form.
- Fold condensed milk and chocolate shavings (and vanilla, if adding) into the cream.
- Set in freezer for at least 6 hours, or until frozen.