Carrot greens aren’t toxic like many people seem to believe, and in fact, are very much edible. It reminds me of a tougher version of parsley with a carrot background flavor. This is an improvised chopped salad inspired by tabbouleh.
- A small bunch (1 cup’s worth) of carrot greens, just the leafy parts
- 1/2 US cup parsley curly or flat leaf
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small tomato
- 1 scallion, or 1/4 onion
- 1/4 to 1 carrot, or enough for about 1/4 cup minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt, pepper, sumac to taste
- Remove the non-leafy parts of the stems of the carrot greens as they are tough
- Finely chop carrot greens, parsley, carrot, tomato, and scallions/onions to about the same size.
- Combine quinoa with the chopped ingredients
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sumac to make dressing to taste
- Add the dressing to the salad, and combine well
- Let rest in fridge for an hour or two
For a kick, add a clove of finely minced garlic.